Working With Children For Your Career

What jobs are readily available?

The primary sectors that allow you to work with children are usually education, health care, or social care. However, there are other sectors too including sport, tourism, and even the public services sector.

When you are aiming to get a job working with children, it’s a good idea to start thinking outside of the box as much as possible. For example, you can get a job within the creative arts sector where you can be a dance teacher or even an art instructor.

If you want to volunteer, you could always become a therapist or protection officer, or even work as an aid for a children’s charity.

You will find several different opportunities within the healthcare sector including the chance to work as a nurse, language therapist, or something else.

When you are working in social care, you could specialize as a counselor, family support worker, social worker, youth worker, or something else.

There are plenty of options within the education and training industries too. You could choose to be a career advisor, an educational psychologist, a learning mentor, a museum education officer, or even a primary school teacher.

You will find that these jobs tend to be very regulated. Therefore, you will need to have the right combination of skills, qualifications, education, and experience. You’ll also need to ensure that you go through a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to get the role you want.

This helps any employer offer protections to different groups that are deemed vulnerable. It makes it safer for them. With a DBS check, they can access your criminal background, check your name against a database of offenders, and figure out how likely you are to pose a risk to vulnerable people. Once you get your clearance, you will receive your DBS certificate.

What Qualifications Do I Need?

If you are dead set on starting a career in social work, nursing, or even teaching, you need to understand that they will require additional schooling. They are all graduate jobs. Because of this, you will need a specific degree to get them. Most of them will require an undergraduate and some of them will even require a Master’s or more. You can learn more about the different social work courses and routes to get into teaching. Payroll for Nannies is also providing both personal service and payroll company-based services. You can meet and talk with a dedicated expert if you have any queries.

If you are aware that you want to work with children but you would rather go with something more open-ended, you could always opt for a general degree in childcare.

You can get a BA in Working with Children Young People and Families at the University of Hull. This will allow you to better develop your skills and gain the knowledge you need to start a carer in the education, social work, or healthcare industry. Along with this, you can get the same degree at Birmingham City University.

At the postgraduate level, you can get a Master’s program in Professional Practice with Children and Young People and Childhood Development and well-being in Practice at the University of Central Lancashire and Manchester Metropolitan University.

You will want to do more research to figure out the different Master’s degrees available. You can also search for postgraduate courses to identify a program that meets all of your career needs.

You can choose to take vocational courses including Council for Awards in Care, Health, and Education. These are available from basic entry-level courses to experienced levels. You’ll find that these qualifications are well known throughout the industry and they are well respected in the childcare sector.

How Do I Gain The Work Experience With Children?

You will find that every job that has you working with children is going to have a lot of responsibility. After all, you have a child’s well-being in your hands including their physical and emotional well-being. Thus, it’s essential to have experience working with children before getting one of these roles.